Collection of Data
The information we collect when you join our mailing list, sign up for an account with us or when you make an order with us. Here are key examples:
- Your identity – This includes name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, as well as service-related information such as bank and credit card details, device ID and IP address.
- Your interaction with us – For example, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us.
- Your account information – For example, joining of waiting list or other details related to your account.
- Information on your use of our website – For example, items in your shopping cart
- Information from other organisations – These organisations include courier companies which you have liaised with and we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
Usage of Data
We may use or disclose your information for:
Provisioning & administration of services
- Process your orders
- Enable us to process payments
- Verification of identity
- Deliver or perform the products or services you purchased, including our couriers calling or messaging you to obtain your delivery instructions;
- Process your returns or refunds
- Provide you with supporting services and functions related to your user account, such as saved items in cart, wish list, brand or product notifications;
- Communicate with you in relation to (i) your queries, requests and feedback, (ii) material changes to our Website or Apps Terms of Service, Policy or other terms and conditions, and (iii) matters relating to the operation of your account;
- Personalise and improve your customer experience when you visit the Website and the Apps, for example by prioritizing products and services appearing in your search results or feed;
- Monitor and enforce compliance with our Terms of Service, including dispute resolution;
- Comply with (i) internal risk controls, (ii) the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services such as credit card disputes, fraud, billing errors, or (iii) any applicable law; and
- Ensure our Website and Apps function properly and to improve their performance, by carrying out activities such as debugging, statistical analyses for optimizing our Website and Apps.
Market research, network & service enhancement
- Improve your user experience based on your usage behaviour on our website and application
Sharing of rewards and benefits
- Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver through email with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
Security and risk management
- Inform you of service and security issues
- Ensure the safety and security of our properties and systems
- Conduct checks against money laundering, terrorism financing and related risks
Your data will enable us to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you. We will also email you from time to time about our new collections and details of promotions and special offers from DEAR SAMFU. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, you may unsubscribe to the mailing list with the link provided at the bottom of those emails.
Confidentiality of Data
Being committed to maintaining your privacy, we will not sell your email address, name, delivery address, contact information, payment method details or any other personal information to any third party without your permission. We will only disclose your data upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
REQUEST TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales, marketing or promotional information, please inform us as follows:
- to withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
Once we receive notification that you wish to withdraw your consent for receiving marketing or promotional materials or communications, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive marketing or promotional materials or communications during this period.
If you withdraw your consent to receive marketing or promotional materials through a specific communication mode, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to the products and services via other communication modes you have subscribed to (e.g. email).
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of any of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting a written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that, depending on the nature of the consent withdrawal, we may not be able to continue to provide you with some or all of our products or services. We will process such a request within a reasonable time from receiving notice from you of your withdrawal of consent. Once the processing is complete, we will no longer collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data, except to the extent we retain your Personal Data for compliance, regulatory or other legal purposes.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure Personal Data likely to be used by us or disclosed by us to another organization is accurate and complete. However, you should update us of any changes in your Personal Data. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data if you have not updated us of changes.
We will also put in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected and secured. This includes putting in place reasonable measures to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage or alteration of your Personal Data. However, we will not be responsible for any unauthorized use of Personal Data by third parties which is attributable to factors beyond our control.
When Personal Data in our possession is (i) no longer required for any reason connected to the purpose it was originally collected or (ii) retention by us is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes, we will exercise measures to ensure such Personal Data is either destroyed or anonymised. eg, dormant account will be deleted after 5 years of inactivity.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your Personal Data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time. In this regard, DEAR SAMFU may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Policy at our absolute discretion.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Policy as updated from time to time on our Website. Any amended Policy will be posted on our website and can be viewed at https://dearsamfu.com/pages/privacy. By continuing to use our Platforms and/or services after the Policy has been amended, you hereby agree to be bound by the terms of such amended Policy.
You are encouraged to visit the above Website from time to time to ensure that you are well-informed of our latest policies in relation to Personal Data protection.